Learning Target: Know others better, know ourselves truer
Today we shared our cornerstone papers and turned them into Brock.
Today’s focus is on reflection and connection. Li Po talks about how the connection with nature is powerful and humbling all in the same breath.
Zazen on Ching-t’ing Mountain
The birds have vanished down the sky,
Now the last cloud drains away.
We sit together, the mountain and me,
until only the mountain remains.
Today we venture outside to observe the extraordinary in the ordinary. You need to be within earshot of Brock’s cowbell so you can head back when she rings the bell.
1. find a quiet space to sit, by yourself.
2. Close your eyes and use the rest of your senses to focus on what is around you.
3. Open your eyes in the direction of something that demanded your attention. Observe it thoroughly.
4. Write or sketch what you see past the obvious. Perhaps it is the emotion, the physical connection between where you end and nature begins.
5. When you hear the bell, come on in (about 15 minutes)
Please read and answer the survey in the Wired attachment and then fill out the form