Meaning in life is fluid and full. Often, people turn to a belief in a higher ideal in order to make sense of life circumstances or to define meaning with death. In a group of 2-3, you are charged to articulate understanding of a religion in an artistic response that captures the essence of the practicing participates.
A 7-12 minute presentation that explores the culture of practicing member of a religion which is engaging and utilizes multimedia in an engaging form. (Don’t just powerpoint and lecture—yawn)
Something else I’m open for suggestions 🙂
Interview with a local practitioner
Footage and tour of local place of worship
relevant and well-rounded research (book, web, and personal interviews)
essential question(s) answered throughout the project
Songs, art, quotes that support answers to the essential question and the overall theme to the project
Works Cited (credits)
Initial research and interviews: 10/20
Editing and construction RD: 10/21
- Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text.
- Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words in order to address a question or solve a problem.
- Respond thoughtfully to diverse perspectives; synthesize comments, claims, and evidence made on all sides of an issue; resolve contradictions when possible; and determine what additional information or research is required to deepen the investigation or complete the task.
- Integrate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) in order to make informed decisions and solve problems, evaluating the credibility and accuracy of each source and noting any discrepancies among the data.
- Present information, findings, and supporting evidence, conveying a clear and distinct perspective, such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning, alternative or opposing perspectives are addressed, and the organization, development, substance, and style are appropriate to purpose, audience, and a range of formal and informal tasks.
- Make strategic use of digital media (e.g., textual, graphical, audio, visual, and interactive elements) in presentations to enhance understanding of findings, reasoning, and evidence and to add interest.
For people to interview
List of religions:
Each standard will have a rubric attached that looks, in essence, like the following:
Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text.
4 In addition to score 3.0 performance, the student demonstrates in-depth inferences and applications that go beyond what was taught.
3.5 in addition to score 3.0 performance, partial success at score 4.0 content
3 Students will analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text.
2.5 No major errors or omissions regarding score 2.0 content and partial success at score 3.0 content
2 Students will analyze a set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how parts interact and develop over the course of the text
1.5 Partial success at score 2.0 content and major errors or omissions regarding score 3.0 content
1 With help, partial success at score 2.0 content and score 3.0 content
0 Even with help, no success